What is this?

On the first working Monday of every month (Monday is one of my busiest days) I will donate the daily income of Chocolate Tortoise to a selected charity, and post to this blog detailing the charity chosen. This blog is not intended to tell the world how generous I am. I am less generous than many people. The blog is intended to firstly log who I have donated to, and secondly to hopefully inspire others to do the same, or similar. For more information, see my first post.

Monday 2 March 2015

March 2015 - Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance


The chosen Donate A Day charity for March 2015 is the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance.

The charity exists to relieve sick and injured people in South East England and surrounding areas by providing a Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) and Air Ambulance Service for the benefit of the community.

A friend of mine used to work for their local Air Ambulance service and suggested them as a worthy cause to receive a donation. Although I am lucky enough to never have to use their services, and I don't know anyone who has, we all know what a valuable service they provide. What I didn't know is that they are a registered charity and rely solely on donations - they are not funded by the government.

I'm fortunate enough to have managed to drive many miles, and ride a motorbike for many years, without having a serious accident. If I ever did have a bad accident on the road, I would be glad to have such a service available if I, or anyone else, needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that I moderate comments - just to avoid spam getting on to the blog - so it may take a short time for your comment to appear